Friday, March 30, 2007


By That Long Scan of Waves
by Walt Whitman
(1819-1892)

By that long scan of waves, myself call'd back, resumed upon myself,
In every crest some undulating light or shade--some retrospect,
Joys, travels, studies, silent panoramas--scenes ephemeral,
The long past war, the battles, hospital sights, the wounded and the dead,
Myself through every by-gone phase--my idle youth--old age at hand,
My three-score years of life summ'd up, and more, and past,
By any grand ideal tried, intentionless, the whole a nothing,
And haply yet some drop within God's scheme's ensemble--some
wave, or part of wave,
Like one of yours, ye multitudinous ocean.

Images was made with Hasselblad 501C, 250mm Carl Zeiss Plannar Lens, yellow filter and used Kodak Tmax 100. The Film was developed with Pyrocat MC and the print was developed with Dektol.

Thanks for Ananda for introducing me to the lovely poem of Whitman

No comments: